Post High School, students have the opportunity to go onto college where they can earn their Undergraduate, Graduate and Masters Diploma in one to three consecutive weeks. With each week of the College program, your dog will learn new skills and/or build on previously learned skills and behaviors; the more weeks he attends, the more reliable his behavior will become.
- Name Recognition: Dog looks to owner for direction when he hears his name and is able to hold his attention on his owner for 20 seconds with moderate distractions (other dogs moving in class).
- Polite Greeting: Dog is able to remain calm in a sit or a stand while a visitor walks up to and speaks with the owner. Dog does not come into greeter’s personal space or lose self-control and begin jumping while being petted and talked to by stranger.
- Come: Dog will be distracted with food treat and/or verbal praise and attention – the goal is 25 to 30 feet.
- LLW: Dog should be able to walk one time around the training room with 2 other dogs or the equivalent of 25 to 30 feet on a short, loose leash – moderate distractions.
- Wait: Dog does not try to cross thresholds until released. Owner is able to step through threshold before releasing dog.
- Leave It: Dog responds to cue while stationary. Owner will is able to drop food or toy, dog should Leave It when told.
- Stay: Dog should be able to maintain behavior for duration of two minutes with low distractions – owner bends down to tie his shoe, takes three steps away and return to release, sit down in a chair.
Each week, your dog will be able to better master impulse control, focused attention and gain more reliability to cues with increasing levels of distraction. Graduates of Bark Tutor’s Graduate and Masters Programs (two and three consecutive College level weeks) will be working with other dogs, off leash and/or on a long line outdoors.
Tuition: $200 per week
How Do I Enroll?
To reserve your space in our day school program we need to receive the completed Student Profile, a signed Policy and Procedure Sheet and a current copy of your dog’s vaccination records along with your tuition payment. You can bring the enrollment forms to Bark Tutor, 2122 Broad Ripple Ave, or fax them to 259.7789 and we will contact you to confirm your enrollment.